Heaven

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 | 1 comments

by

Zahra Bodabhaiwala




Last night,I dreamt that,
You were on your way to Heaven.
Clad in sparkling gold,
Your wild hair swept on your shoulders.
Your big brown eyes
Bright with excitement…
…On your way to Heaven !!

I tried to hold you in my arms,
Not wanting you to go,
Pulling away,
You said; Heaven’s waiting for me !
So, I let go…….

Tell me then,
Did you dance crazy the way you wanted?
On your tunes and not The Drummer’s,
Did He listen to you,
The way I did!
Was the mud there gold,
With accessories from Jupiter or Pluto,
The way you thought it would be.
Or is Heaven overrated like Love!

Did you find in Heaven
That you desperately looked for,
While you were with me on Earth?
Did the fellows there make you
Smile, laugh more?
Wiped tears away from
Your mahogany eyes?
Or did you lie to me
And went there
Looking for YOU instead?

Haven’t slept nor dared to breathe.
Since you died in my arms,
I have died a thousand times.
Wandered aimlessly, without a clue,
My mind in angst,
Wrecked with the thought,
Did you find your Heaven
The way you wanted ,…
Or should I follow you…
If it has proven worser than Earth ?

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 | permalink | 1 comments

_______________________________________

1 Comments:

Good poem Zahra :-) A wee bit serious for my taste but acchaa likha hai :-) Is this written in memory of somebody?

waise as an aside, ghalib says

Humko maaloom hai jannat ki haqeeqat lekin,
dil ke behlane ko ghalib ye khayaal accha hai.

I hope I got that right!
Hope to see some more of ur works :-)

By Blogger Tamanna, at June 01, 2005 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment